Thursday 27 February 2014

Graphic Design - Week 04

Session 1

The fourth week was the first time our work was not drawn concept, rather it was to use photoshop for the first time, and to use blah when designing. We began by finding 3 images online, and then cropping the images twice, to create one good and one bad crop of the image that does/ doesn't follow the rules of imagery.

Here are the results.

1.

Original
Bad Crop
Good Crop
 2.
Original
Bad Crop
Good Crop
 3.
Original
Bad Crop
Good Crop
I feel like my work on this is good. I feel like I do have more to learn and understand about composition. But feel like I have made a good start.

Session 2

In the second session we focused on abstract composition. Given a group of words we were to create 8 abstract images using simple black shapes to show the word chosen. Here are mine.

Weight

Direction

Negative Space

Order

Perspective

Scale

Symmetry

Tension

Although simple. I believe each image reflects the word chosen, and that Ive filled the learning specifications for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment