Thursday 6 February 2014

Graphic Design - Week 01

Session 1

This week, the work was relatively straight forward. Create 2 costume designs for a male and female body template.

For the male I decided to go with a gladiator/mercenary outfit. I took inspiration for armour and weaponry from what I saw in the 2004 film Troy, aswell as the tv show Spartacus: Blood & Sand and the video game The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings. I also got some ideas from a google search of leather armour, to get an idea of the shape and design of leather armour.


I am quite happy with the design.


The only guidance we were given was to create a design that would be practical and realistic. As I have researched and been inspired from historical films, shows and media, which must be as realistic as possible, I feel confident that my final design would be practical in the (Roman) time period. Although some may argue the shield is not appropriate. To them I would say the roman games would make use of other countries' and culture's weapons and armour to recreate historical battles. Aswell, Mercenaries would often scavenge what could be gathered from battles for their own.

Session 2

For the female, I went for a futuristic design. Taking inspiration from 'Kat- B320' in the video game 'Halo Reach'. Also remembering scenes from the Terminator franchise. I set about to create a similar design.



Here is my design.


Although I cant say how realistic this is, since the technology in this futuristic design doesn't exist yet. But I feel it could be possibly invented in the near distant future. I also designed a primary and secondary firearm, which are inspired by the TAR-21 and ACR assault weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment