Wednesday 5 February 2014

Video Editing - Week 01

The first session began on a slightly awkward note, as I was not in attendance when we were told we needed to film a few scenes introducing the student hub in the Headingley campus, to be used in the session today. Luckily I was able to get a copy of the scenes a group has gathered.

This was my first time using Final Cut Pro. but I have used other video editing programs before, mainly After Effects, so it wasn't completely alien to me. We also had an on screen demonstration of how to complete this weeks task. 


I believe the video came out fine, except that it would glitch and turn to a black/grey screen when the text would appear. Another student had the same problem, and there was no indication or reason it should glitch at the text scenes. Then when put on youtube the entire video turns to grey screen for some reason.

Update

I went back and had another go at exporting the video. I simplified the video in the hopes it wouldn't glitch or have a black screen once rendered. Here it is. 



Again, for some reason, the minute I attempt to upload it anywhere, the screen will go grey. Not entirely sure why, as scenes I've exported the exact same way have come out fine. This seems to be the missing link (pun unintended). But as the first video shows (aside from the glitching, I know how to add captions to video, cut and mix video clips and audio, and how to export them.

No comments:

Post a Comment